Thursday, June 22, 2017

We had r 21st anniversary today! Wanted it to be a bit different than it was but the kids had other plans...J is such an incredible man, strong & true & amazing to me. I could never do this without him! A wonderful husband and defender when the kids are nasty to me, thinking of what I need to survive this, going out tonight to grocery shop! A father of integrity and love, one who instructs and who sings praise songs over the kids at night. What a gift he is to me!!❤ we ended up down from the cliffs to throw rocks in the ocean with the kids. They got soaked but were happy and carried lots of rocks home as souvenirs! Ice cream this afternoon did not go so well but that's a whole 'nother story (as they say in the south!). Tonight is the first night in many days the T has not screamed most of the night. Yay! Maybe I can shower! Woohoo! Haha! Thank u again, all, for the amazing comments and encouragemt and prayers pouring r way-- others r encouraged by what u r saying too! I knew it was gonna b hard but was not prepared for the incredible nastiness they aim our way at times. That's been some of the hardest things and those things r what I blogged about letting go, about forgiving, and being careful not to say anything hurtful back in retaliation (taking the high road!). There are again good moments of a hand slipped in mine, of M.E. kissing me on the head and telling T not to disobey, of singing w j over them tonight, of the ocean breeze blowing, of a smile from E, and a thank u from jh for dinner, a kiss from j. I am choosing to focus on the beauty we are building deliberate piece on each slow deliberate piece! Pls pray for quick pprwk tomorrow (passports at 10-11) and dr again at 330. Looks like we may get to come home at the beginning of this next week like maybe Tues but will update you as we know! Love u!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You and j are so good to each other and good for each other. praying for you all ♥️

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Nothing like getting 4 more kids for your 21st anniversary gift ;-D
But seriously, congrats! I admire the deliberate focus on the good things; I know it is hard to do but it's a beautiful way to navigate through the adversity! And I know over time those good moments will increase, and the hard ones will decrease. You and J make a great team and God hand-picked you for each other and for this ministry as parents. ❤️