Sunday, June 25, 2017

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him." (Romans 15: 13) As you trust in Him...thinking about that phrase as I am in desperation for joy, for hope and peace in the midst of orphan spirit. Struggling to not get sucked into my own issues of abandonmt & anger. Searching & seeking for His face in the stare of hostile eyes, untrusting eyes. And I see myself there. Not trusting Him that this path is the best for us. Deperate to be grateful: for a husband who let me sleep in extra hours (2 kids up from 2am-4), a dinner with no defiance or screaming, watching the movie Bolt in Spanish as a treat w kids, anticipating going home, playing at a playground, seeing the ocean from r balcony, trying to make a cake in a toaster oven for tomorrow, running to starbucks tonight w jj for one last lucuma creme frap, texting with an amazing friend who has been where we are and has so much wisdom and who poured over me today the oil of jesus, my mom flooding me with verses to hold onto. Yes, as soon as gratitude begins, it overflows and the peace comes! Pls pray extra for us tomorrow to get r visas so we can leave on the 1am flight! Pray for this transition (another one 4 them) to be smooth and joyful (not all r happy to leave peru) and that the kids do well on the flight. We'll be confirming time and day on the blog when we know for sure when we come in. Thank u all❤

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you guys, praying for this major transition, for everyone's hearts, for the children to find trust and peace with you!