Saturday, June 24, 2017

The kids are really struggling today. Defiance, disobedience, hurting each other, hurting us. May be some of the anger phase coming out. We have spoken their true identities over them all day. Reminding them...and us... Who they really are. Wasn't really prepared 4 this level of me hurting, of getting heart hurt. Know it's not about me but their hurting but it's been a challenge today. Another level of what jesus must have felt. It's awful... To want that love and family to flow, to want the best for us, to know we could have so much fun together and be full of joy--and we turned Him away, the wounds on His heart showing on His back and face. I can't imagine...and i weep how I have hurt Him with my control and defiance. I have repented more in Peru than probably in my adult life! And He. Just. Keeps. Loving. Us. Just keeps being vulnerable to us, willing to be close, willing to be hurt again. It takes my breath away. It even challenges me on a level I am not always sure I can reach. I am purposely aligning myself 2 b grateful for this chance to enter into this part of His suffering. To see this different part He is wanting to show us. Please pray for strength & patience & love for these sometimes unloveables. Pray jj has "thick skin" and does not receive heart wounds by their attitude. Pray we can let things go ourselves so as to learn the lessons we need. Pray smoothness over the Embassy meeting and getting visas asap on Monday. Pray for sleep on the flight home (will be 1am in the morning when we take off from Lima) and calmness in the kids and for a smooth transition into our home - it's been hard on them to keep being uprooted over and over again as we switch aptmts. Can I repeat myself and say THANK YOU for responding, praying, encouraging, for saying and showing us we r not alone, for tracking with us so long, for being with us for the long haul & not just in Peru (real wk of bonding starts after we get home). YOU ARE LOVED! YOU HAVE BEEN SO INTEGRAL!❤❤

2 comments:

Laura-Anne said...

The transitions are the hardest. And some days are worst than others. I love your prayer of protection for your hearts!! Some things catch me by surprise of the hurt they cause. I will unite with you guys for protection as well. Remember the words and behaviors are hurts talking as well as their disbelief in your permenance. They have to see by your actions that you're not leaving them or getting rid of them. It's a tough journey and we are praying for y'all through it!!! Please reach out if you need anything, even if it's just someone understanding these hurdles.

Unknown said...

This is more than changing your lives and family, it is changing you, and the kids, from the inside out. The Lord is doing a deep working. It is profound and eternal. Even as you speak identity over them, He is speaking it over you as well. Praying your hearts can hear what He is speaking over you, that you will be filled by it, even filled to overflowing, that it will sustain, rejuvenate, and inspire you. ❤️